Event/ Project Management
Including Methodology, objective setting, risk, cost, and time management. managing teams, financial planning and analysis, communication, training and all aspects of operation.
I've managed a large number of projects from creation to completion. Projects include a vast range of events, festivals, event production, media partnerships, objective delivery, strategy delivery, organisational restructures.
I'm a very organised individual with a level headed, problem solving mind set.
I'm a strong leader with a natural ability to create rapport and inject creativity and enthusiasm into projects.
'Best Live Music Provision' winner across all UK Student Unions Winner, 2014 & 2015
Having worked with a number of venues and festivals, I have a wide range of programming experience. I'm focused on delivering a programme that suits the particular demographic I am providing for, basing decisions on national trends, touring circuits, available resource and audience expectation and feedback.
I have good relationships with UK based Live, DJ and PA agencies.
I have great personal relationships with Scotland's music managers, record labels, music publishers, PRS agencies, cultural magazines, festivals and many, many musicians.
- Brand Development & Campaign Roll out for a number of new regular club nights including 'Club Together' and 'Shuffle'
- Hosting Edinburgh's biggest weekly cheese club night, 'The Big Cheese' - a staple student institution for the past 18 years with act bookings ranging from S Club, The Vengaboys, McFly, Atomic Kitten and Radio 1 DJs.
- Hosting a huge number of promoter hired club nights in a variety of venues ranging in capacity from 150 - 1200. An example of some acts we have hosted have been: Mr Scruff, Duke Dumont, Ellie Goulding, Chase n' Status, Tourist, and many, many more.
- As above, I have both programmed and hosted promoter shows in a number of venues. The Pleasance Sessions is a purely Scottish music festival, whereas other venues have hosted a number of national and international acts, such as: Tinie Tempah, Foxes, Laura Marling, Leanne la Havas, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, This is the Kit, LAU, The Twilight Sad, Fatherson, Biffy Clyro, and many, many more.
- My programming awards apply to the provision of live music that I provide in our Student Union buildings. These shows range in size and calibre, from unknown student bands and non ticketed free live music up to larger shows that we produce.
- Programming for Insider Festival is done as a collaborative effort with all acts chosen to compliment and challenge their surroundings. For example, 2016 will see Scottish Album of the Year Award winner Kathryn Joseph play an organ in an intimate church environment, and Roddy Woomble of Idlewild play acoustically by a loch side.
- Hosting and producing a number of internationally renowned comedians including: Patrick Monahan, Daniel Sloss, Paul Foot, Abandoman, Frisky & Mannish, Chris Ramsey, Ed Gamble, Jim Jeffries amongst many others.
Larger venue based Projects Include:
- Graduation Ball with burlesque, ceilidhs, casinos, swing bands, jazz bands, bespoke entertainment such as face and body art, chocolate fountains and photobooths. Dinner for 300- 800 is served at Graduation Ball.
- Freshers Weeks (x9) encompassing over 400 events within an 8 day period, including: a programme of See the City events, society events, club nights, dance shows, theatre runs, live music, laserquest, ceilidhs, DJ sets, headphone parties, and a huge variety of events.
As part of the 6 person commercial management team within the commercial sector of an organisation running all operational functions of the Edinburgh University Student Association buildings; Teviot, Potterrow, Pleasance & Kings Buildings. The organisation turns over £9m annually. My role contributed to the development of our annual commercial strategy and venue positioning plans, including large scale refurbishments/ rebuilds.
As a Department head I was responsible for all departmental objective setting, aligning with and contributing to the wider organisational strategy and subsequent commercial strategies.
Strategy planning is constant and fluid within my role with Insider Festival and Events, with us always sticking to, and never compromising on the quality of the offering people expect from our boutique Highlands Festival
Whilst working with The GRV, I was instrumental in writing the business case for our longer term strategy.
Head of Entertainment & Events – Edinburgh University Students Association
Management team - Insider Festival & Events
Event Management team/ Media Box Office Mgr - T in the Park / Material MC/ DF Concerts
Venue Liaison - Edinburgh Festival Fringe
General Manager & Events Booker - The GRV Ltd
Various Hospitality Management roles
QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Event Management, BA
MDP Qualifications in the following modules: Change management, performance management, time management, customer service, action centered leadership, the role of a modern manager, continuous improvement
ILM Level 5 Completion, including modules in: Managing recruitment and individual development, managing improvement, making a financial case, developing the reflective manager
Guest Lecturer Napier University, Edinburgh Colleges
Active Member of the SMIA (Scottish Music Industry Association)